My reflection today is short and sweet.
"They were overjoyed at seeing the star, and on entering the house they saw the child with Mary his mother. They prostrated themselves and did Him homage. Then they opened their treasures and offered Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh." - Matthew 2:10-11
I don't know about you, but I spent a good amount of time today listening to some Christmas music. The Epiphany is my last chance until next year to get all of my Christmas tunes in - and I took advantage today while I was doing some driving. I just turned on some favorites that so many other people probably stopped listening to on December 26th. I think I listened to For King and Country's Little Drummer Boy at least four times (DRUM!) - and what a perfect week to listen to that song. While it is a fictional story - it is so true of our lives. We feel that we have nothing to offer and fail to consider the gifts each of us has been blessed with. I can't help but reflect on today's Gospel, and with this song in mind, ask myself these questions:
1. Am I able to recognize situations that are the star leading me to Him?
2. Do I find joy in seeing and following the star?
3. What am I doing to honor Him today - and everyday?
4. What are the gifts bestowed upon me that I can utilize to honor Christ?
5. How am I using the gifts He bestowed on me as an offering to Him - both at church and in the community?
Have a blessed week!
Casey Stout, contributor